Sunday, February 24, 2008

In Case I Had Any Doubt I'm Getting Old

I just don't and cannot understand how a guy like this can be found attractive: the cap (let alone indoors), the tastelessly oversized earring, the tasteless tats, the thuggish* grimace... I... just... don't... get it.

Wait a second! Are those pants? Or boxers or jammies??

(*Now on consideration and reconsideration, I think there's a nascent idea here: the manifestation of modern narcissism as thuggery. I mean, forget the so-called lower classes and their "gangsta" culture. I mean, Our Leaders really are all, despite their wealth and/or education and/or background, thugs with thuggish policies that, well, have brought us -- you know, the People -- absolutely no good. Hey, Christofascists: explain how thuggery is Christian!)

1 comment:

The Seditionist said...

Interesting point about thuggery (or thugism) as the current "flavor" of narcissism. Triumph of the barbarian culture which is, however, unhealthy for democracy, anathema to it.

Still would like to know how it jibes with Christianity.

But none of that is my point.

While the post essentially references the man in the photo, I need to point out that I know the young woman. She raises a different, old issue: That outer beauty and inner beauty are not at all related. They do not necessarily correlate.

In this case, while the young woman is a very pretty echt Chica, she is, well, pretty lacking as a human being, nasty, offensive and a lazy co-worker whose work, which she neglected to do, had to be done by a visiting 11 year old. Pretty lame, inexcuseable, and not at all beautiful.