Saturday, September 08, 2007

WTF?

God knows, my bleeding heart doesn't extend to racial matters. I mean, I fully accept this is a racist country, still, and that in some vague way, blacks are owed something... like maybe a truly equal opportunity, but that "owed something" sure as... whatever... is not a one way street. I don't believe that owed somethings don't also owe us something as well; not exactly respect but like a good faith effort to be part of the larger society. Or maybe I just have trouble differentiating the pathology of poverty from otherwise racial matters.

Whatever.

What brings this up is this.

Despite my weak creds on racial matters, I have to ask: WTF were these guys thinking when the cartoon was drawn and, more importantly, allowed to be published? (Yeah, yeah, I know, the same kind of intelligence was used as approved all of Judy Miller's shit.)

No comments: